In Fall 2019, The Collider plans to launch the Climate Tech Incubator — designed to support entrepreneurs working on scalable climate tech solutions that address urban and rural transformations, public and personal health, climate-smart agriculture, resilient infrastructure, and corporate climate risk. The incubator will aim to accelerate climate adaptation and advance our vision of a world prepared for climate change.
About the Climate Tech Incubator
The Climate Tech Incubator galvanizes the start and growth of early-stage climate analytics companies by providing tailored entrepreneurial support. Operating through a virtual model, the incubator is open to applications from startups throughout the world. It provides a high-impact experience to startups without a rigid program deadline or relocation requirement.
The Collider’s Climate Tech Incubator aspires to:
- Catalyze the growth of more than 60 climate tech startups in its first 5 years.
- De-risk early stage climate tech investment opportunities to unleash private sector follow-on investment.
- Accelerate market demand for climate tech solutions through industry convenings that prominently feature our startups’ climate adaptation solutions.
Interested in Learning More?
Structure of the Climate Tech Incubator
The year-long Climate Tech Incubator program — with an extension option — offers a light yet robust webinar-based curriculum and active virtual community to supplement two in-person meetings each year. Through the incubator, The Collider:
- Pairs startups with business and climate mentors to accelerate their development.
- Connects startups to partner services firms including legal, accounting, and public relations.
- Provides unique access to cloud computing and big data partners.
- Introduces startups to likely customers and investors through our global network of corporate and government leaders, investors, and industry experts.
- Creates opportunities for startups to pitch their solutions to potential customers and investors, including at national and international Collider conferences.
Startups are eligible to participate in the Climate Tech Incubator if they have not yet raised their first round of capital and are developing solutions that fall within The Collider’s six challenge areas.
Six Challenge Areas
- Urban and Community Transformation: As the global population continues to migrate from rural areas to cities, there is a growing need for technologies that revolutionize the foundations of cities to be more resilient to climate change.
- Personal and Public Health: Technologies that utilize climate data are needed to understand increasing exposure to the impacts of a changing climate and mitigate the effects on individuals and communities.
- Climate-Smart Agriculture: Climate tech will play an important role in developing actionable intelligence for farmers and agricultural communities so that they can more effectively time harvests and predict yields during upcoming growing seasons. In turn, this will ensure a more stable outlook on food security and minimizing supply chain risks.
- Resilient Infrastructure: Data-driven technology will be paramount to ensuring that decisions made today result in infrastructure that is resilient to the acute and chronic effects of climate change well into the future.
- Corporate Risk Exposure: Corporations require technologies that enable them to make optimal managerial decisions given the reality of growing climate risk. These solutions are needed not just to bolster corporate bottom lines, but to protect the interests of the public whose pensions, ability to obtain certain goods, and job security are all significantly affected by corporate decisions.
- Climate Data and Analytics: Enhancing and democratizing the generation, analysis, access, and distribution of climate data is critical to unlocking technological solutions and promoting innovation. New satellites, platforms, APIs, and other data solutions are needed to support entrepreneurs working across our key issue areas.
Corporate Sponsorship Opportunity
Corporate sponsors enhance the success of the Climate Tech Incubator with both financial and intellectual support. Commensurate with your level of financial commitment, as a corporate sponsor you will have opportunities to:
- Gain a unique lens into innovation occurring at the leading edge of climate resilience across industries and issues.
- Provide insight into the most pressing industry-specific climate risks and opportunities that climate tech innovation should address.
- Help shape industry conversations around climate adaptation at The Collider’s international conferences.
- And much more!
If you would like to become involved with the incubator as a corporate sponsor, please contact The Collider’s Entrepreneurship Manager, Tory Grieves.