Spring 2019 Tom Karl Internships
Are you a college undergraduate interested in climate? Want to experience an entrepreneurial environment? Want the chance to work alongside scientists and business people? Apply for an internship at The Collider.
What is The Collider?
The Collider is a global innovation center for climate data entrepreneurs. We train and educate entrepreneurs building startups that use weather and climate data to help humanity prepare, adapt, and become resilient to intensifying climate change.
What will I do at The Collider?
Working alongside our team, interns support The Collider’s mission and goals, gain valuable experience with startups, interact with scientists and professionals in the field of climate science, and hone communication and organizational skills. Our current internship opportunities are Events Intern and Communications Intern.
Events Intern responsibilities may include:
- Supporting Events Manager on program development
- Assisting with event design and execution
- Researching potential speakers and sponsors
- Developing content for event-specific communication
Communications Intern responsibilities may include:
- Supporting Communications & Content Lead on content development
- Assisting with website buildout and updates
- Supporting the launch of a new podcast and newsletter
In addition to the valuable experience of learning the business of climate at a beautiful new innovation center in downtown Asheville, interns are welcome and encouraged to attend events at The Collider, including our weekly Lunch & Learns, monthly climate awareness events, and our weekly happy hour for the climate services community, known as the PercCollider.
- Currently working towards a two-year, four-year, or graduate degree
- Ability to physically be at The Collider a minimum of two days a week
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Ability to adapt – as a startup and a nonprofit, we rely on adaptability!
Hours: 12/week Pay: $12/hour Duration: 10 weeks over the course of a semester.
Deadline for submission is December 2, 2018.
Please send a current resume and cover letter to Megan Robinson at firstname.lastname@example.org and clearly indicate which internship you are applying to.
Women, minorities, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.