Fall 2018 Collider Internships
Are you a college undergraduate interested in climate services? Want to experience an entrepreneurial environment? Want the chance to work alongside scientists and business people? Look no further than The Collider, an innovation center in downtown Asheville focused on climate solutions.
What is The Collider?
We are the first entrepreneurship and innovation center in the United States dedicated to building startups who use weather and climate data to help the world prepare, adapt, and become resilient in the face of intensifying climate change.
What will I do at The Collider?
Working alongside our team, interns support The Collider’s mission and goals, gain valuable experience in climate services and startups, interact with scientists and professionals in the field of climate science, and hone communication and organizational skills. Fall 2018 we are looking for two Marketing Interns.
Responsibilities may include:
- Developing content including blogs, marketing documents, press releases, interviews, and social media content.
- Uploading content to WordPress site
- Engaging with our audiences on social media
- Researching PR and link building opportunities
- Supporting event operations and marketing, both routine events and our spring conference, Climate City Expo
- WordPress, graphic design, photography, and videography skills are a plus!
In addition to the valuable experience of learning the business of climate at a beautiful new innovation center in downtown Asheville, interns are welcome and encouraged to attend events at The Collider, including our twice weekly Lunch & Learns, monthly climate awareness events, and our weekly happy hour for the climate services community, known as the PercCollider.
- Currently working towards a two-year, four-year, or graduate degree
- Ability to physically be at The Collider a minimum of two days a week
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Adaptability – as a startup and a nonprofit, we rely on it!
Duration: 10 weeks over the course of a semester