The Collider routinely hosts workshops for professional associations that often allow participants to earn Continuing Education Units and learn about the risks and opportunities climate change poses to their industry.
Often led by climate solution providers that are members of The Collider, such as CASE Consultants International and Ecological Services & Markets, the programs also frequently include climate scientists from NOAA’s National Centers for Environmental Information and the Cooperative Institute for Climate and Satellites, both based in Asheville, serving as members of an advisory or organizing committee and/or as presenters.
These workshops have been attended by or held in collaboration with members of an array of professional societies, including the American Institute of Architects, the American Planning Association, the American Society of Landscape Architects, and Land of the Sky Association of Realtors®.
Examples of these workshops include the following:
- 3rd Annual Climate Adaptive Design Symposium, “Where Building Science Meets Climate Science”
- 2nd Annual Climate Adaptive Design Symposium, “Where Building Science Meets Climate Science”
- 1st Annual Climate Adaptive Design Symposium, “Climate Resilient Design in the Southeast”
- Climate & Respiratory Health
- Climate Change & Real Estate Investing
- Game-Changing Resilient Infrastructure
- Resilient Places: Planning for Our Future
- The Climate Resilient Grid
In 2018, The Collider will also present ClimateCon, a conference on the business of climate.